Monday, June 9, 2008

WHAT HURTS THE MOST!!

PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW WHERE TO DRAW THE LINE!!
PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW WHERE THE JOKE ENDS!!

Two lines that I have used quite often in the past few hours. For there are things you just donot joke with. Every person has a sensitive side to him, every person regards something as above everything else in this world and so I have mine too. And when people cross that line, when people start joking about things which I regard personal, then they are playing with a side of me that is better off not coming out. And so it happened a few hours ago.

I take writing very seriously. Yes~it's a hobby but one that I am really passionate about. Because at times my mind gets over flooded with so many thoughts, that writing is the only means to vent out those thoughts. It gives me peace of mind and sometimes it gives me perspective. But then some people just don't realize that not everything is a joke. And that I don't take everything sportingly. As I have said~some people should know where the joke ends.

A few months ago I started writing a story. But somehow after 35 pages of writing, I somehow couldn't continue. I seemed to have lost the zest for that story and didn't know how to progress the plot further. So for nearly 4 months or so~that story remained on my computer, unfinished and untouched. In fact, I had even given up on the story and thought that it's best if it remains unfinished. Then all of a sudden, 4 months later, I got a plot device which I thought could be used in the story. But just to see how people would react to the story~I started posting it on an orkut community. And I must say I loved the reaction. People loved it and the writer in me was happy, the writer in me was alive again and I felt now there was a reason for me to continue the story.

I would write the story with absolute zest for I knew people were waiting for it and the one thing more than anything else in this world that an artists wants is people's admiration. I had that and that gave me an insurmountable amount of happiness. Until ofcourse the alleged incident happened. I was going to hang out with my friends one day so I wasn't able to continue the story for that day. I told so hoping that others would understand. Well-some one didn't.

A person I had begun to regard as a friend deemed fit that she should continue the story from where I had left off. Now if she had actually continued the story maybe I wouldn't have minded her interruption as much as I did. But no-she ridiculed my story. She reduced to my characters to caricatures, mocked the hell out of them and thought she was being very funny. And no-it wasn't funny. She had insulted me. She had insulted my writing. She had insulted one of the few things I hold close to my heart. And she had crossed that line.

WHAT IS DONE IS DONE.
WHAT ARE LEFT ARE THE CONSEQUENCES!!

I didn't find her little prank funny. I didn't find it funny at all. And the fact that someone whom I had regarded as a friend had dared to insult and mock my writing, the hurt was that much more deeper. So I did what I felt was right. I decided not to post the story on the orkut community any further. I know it sounds harsh-for there were other readers who wanted to read the story but after what she did, there wass absolutely no way I could continue the story any further on that community. One thing is clear-I am done with her and her jokes now. And this is the way it is going to be from now on. Call me stubborn, call me selfish, call me rude but thats's how life is. I am really sorry for all those others who used to read my story. I can't help it anymore than they can. Hopefully I'll find a way for all of them to read that story. For letting them down is not what I intend. But I have been let down so badly, I can't even think of continuing that story anymore.
I really am sorry. But the truth is:

PEOPLE ARE MEAN
LIFE'S A BITCH.

3 comments:

Simmy George said...

hmm....u knw ...once even i had to face it...but then it was one of my closest friends... u feel being pierced in...feeling of anguish creep on.... but, i didn't stop writing..in fact tht gave me courage to write all the more better... n i've not broken my friendship with her...it still intact....cz i knw... ke she never knew that it wd mean so much to me...in life time comes when u may not see things happening the way u wish it had ... n at times u just ought to take a break...stand aside n think... what's wrong n right... n then take the decision ...it always helps...BELIEVE ME!!! ... :)

Anonymous said...

i completly agree wid simmy... dude juss give her opinion a deep thought... itz not tht only she did tht... u know we all were there... we had no idea tht this foolish act of ours wud mean so bad to u... i know u're hurt... i know u feel aweful... i know tht wht we did was juss so stupid... but dude this is not the solution yar... she herself is apologizing n she's sayin tht she had no clue k itna bara masla ho jayayga... n sirf wo nahi we all had no idea... my point is k not talkin to her is no solution yar... ese maza nahi ata... we all are rockers yar... ab if we'll heavy hearts thn tht charm will slowly n gradually disappear...

i juss dun know wht m sayin yar... i wish main tere samnay beth k baat kar sakta... man we're so damn sorry we hurt u... u know we respected ur talent of writing from the very beginning... we had no intention to make fun of tht very talent of urs... so plz giv it a cool thought...

juss for our sake... try it once!!!

hope u dun mind me sayin all dis!!!

i except a reply... if not here or orkut thn atleast in ma mail box...

Anonymous said...

hey i no she had no intentions 2 hurt u or sumthin but its ur entirely up 2 u.

she had never seen dis sensitive side of urs n she did a mistake. pehli mistake to sabko maaf hoti hai. ryt????

jus try 2 forgive her coz shes ur frnd n always ll b.
pl...:)