Tuesday, January 15, 2008

And So I Begin

So i too have decided to join the long list of bloggers that are already circualting over the net and giving an insight into their thoughts. I'll be the first to admit though that I have made quite a late entry into this world. The though of starting my own blog has been playing in my head for quite sometime now. Infact I first thought of starting a blog almost 2 years ago and yet somehow it's taken me all this while to finally get down to it. Quite a few reasons for that.

I have been complimented on my writing skills quite often by my teachers, friends and at times strangers who somehow managed to get a copy of the short stories that I had written in my own personal time. I had taken up writing as a hobby in 8th grade(I used to speak broken english then, beleive it or not) and through the years have constantly tried to improve on my writing skills. Yet somehow being the lazy boy that I am, I wouldn't pick up a pen unless I was really inspired to. As time went on, that inspiration came less and less frequently. It wasn't as if I stopped writing completely. I wrote but they were some innocous ramblings during lectures for which I could care less. And the moment the class was over, I would drop my pen, pick up my books and head straight out and the piece of writing that I had just started would never be completed. Unless ofcorse I was really keen to complete it for then I would continue the piece in the next day's lecture. I was too lazy to go for my college's editorial board selection though my friends told me I would have been a shoo-in. Just goes onto show how lazy I can be .

Short stories, novels, articles on politics, social stigma, movie reviews, my thoughs on a particular day-I have written them all and yet there's no official record of them. That's why I have finally decided to enter the blog world. Where my thoughts will be saved and read by those who are interested in wasting their time going through the ramblings in my head.LOL

I will try to update the blog as frequently as possible yet I must add that I won't be writing for the sake of writing. Also, being an engineering student(especially an electronics and communication student) has its own time constraints. My topics will vary from the harmless to the inspiring to downright insinuating. Once in a while I hope to prick a hornet's nest as well(which writer doesn't). And in all this I hope that you'll find something interesting to read and perhaps later have a discussion with your friends and me.

And with that ladies and gentlemen, I welcome you to my blog.
Welcome to Farid's world!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great start dude...Rock on..yet to read ur other posts :D

Anonymous said...

hey good start...well i know m very late to comment but ya m gonna read out ur posts nd then comment on it...:p

Apeksha Bhateja said...

kruti mine is d latest...

go farid go!!!!!!